The research interests of the Centre’s staff focus on Democracy in Europe and the emerging role of the European Union in world affairs. More specifically, we deal with the following:
- European Parliament
- The EU Budget
- Political participation in Europe
- European political parties and elections
- European identity
- European Political Philosophy
Europe in the World:
- Comparative foreign policies in Europe
- EU Common Foreign and Security Policy
- EU as a regional actor in world politics
- Transatlantic Relations
The departmental Working Papers Series features articles on European themes from members of staff and invited guests.
We also organise regular seminars, workshops and conferences to promote research on our core interests of democracy in Europe and Europe ’s role in the world.